What is a curative forest?
Curative forests are wooded areas which, due to their various properties, are suitable for promoting health and well-being across a broad spectrum.
Time spent in curative forests is likely to prevent the progression, recurrence and chronicification of a disease (secondary prevention).
The minimum criteria are general structural requirements for curative forests:
- well managed, near-natural forest
- location removed from road/rail traffic
- development / use / landscaping concept
- parking facilities with nearby sanitary facilities
- emission-free forest air
- signposts with trail length information and information on special sights
- graphic presentation of trail profile
- info boards on plants and trees, special features in wood, exposure to allergens
- unpaved track surfaces
- signposted exercise trails graduated according to strenuousness and difficulty
- trails for moderate physical exertion
- facilities for resting/picnicking etc.
- relaxation area
- some trails are accessible to persons with disabilities
In addition to the minimum criteria, optimal criteria are also defined. For an optimum, for example, the proximity to a body of water (lake, pond, stream, sea) is necessary. But also the facilities are extensions, including: a restaurant at the edge of the forest, the health-oriented facility in the immediate vicinity, a source of drinking water, a fitness trail, a hydrotherapy facility (Kneipp facility) and disabled friendly, wheelchair accessible, pushchair-friendly paths.
The availability of specialist personnel with climate and forest therapists is also mentioned.
Unsere Heilwälder und Kurwälder
- Heringsdorf - Kur- und Heilwald
- Graal-Müritz - Kurwald
- Plau am See - Heilwald
- Klink - Heilwald
- Bad Doberan - Heilwald (Umsetzungsphase)
- Göhren - Heilwald (Entwicklungsphase)
- Krakow am See - Kurwald (Umsetzungsphase)
- Malchow - Kurwald (Entwicklungsphase)
- Putbus - Kurwald (Planungsphase)
- Ückeritz - Heilwald (Planungsphase)
- Sellin - Kurwald (Planungsphase)
- Waren (Müritz) - Kurwald (Entwicklungsphase)
- Gesundheit im Wald
- Heilwald oder Kurwald?
- Qualität und Kriterien
- Wald und Wissen
- Bäderverband M-V
- Wald-Kongress 2017
- Über die Wald-WebApp
- Kontakt und Impressum